River Grove priest ‘delighted’ with selection of new pope
Rev. Darrio Boscutti, head of St. Cyprian Catholic Church in River Grove, is delighted about the selection of Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina as the new pope. | Sun-Times Media File Photo
- New pope excites leader, students at Loyola Academy
- Winnetka’s Sacred Heart pastor: New pope’s choices say something about him
- Glenview priest: Pope Francis signals change
- St. John of the Cross pastor says new pope set tone with name selection
- Lake County reacts to election of new pope, Francis I
- Morton Grove priest pleased new pope hails from South America
- Humble Argentine cardinal, now Pope Francis, called ‘real voice for the voiceless and vulnerable’
Updated: March 13, 2013 8:47PM
The Rev. Darrio Boscutti, head of St. Cyprian Catholic Church in River Grove, said Wednesday he was delighted about the selection of Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio as the new pope.
Bergoglio’s selection was announced Wednesday. He will be known as Pope Francis.
“I like him a lot,” Boscutti said. “He seems to be a humble guy.”